Welcome to Polly Anna’s Nursery, Haxby
We are situated north of York in the suburb town of Haxby and located in the centre of the community just off the main street through Haxby. This means we are close to many of the main arterial road leading in and around the City. We are close to the A1237, the northern ring road, within easy reach of the York Hospital, Nestles, Clifton Moor Estate and Monks Cross.
We are a family owned and run nursery with Helen being the Manager and her Dad Ken looking after administration and business. We believe we can offer something unique to you and your child in the warmth and love your child will be offered in our family nursery.
Our aim at Polly Anna’s is to provide a safe and caring environment for children from birth to them starting Primary School, where a child can reach their own potential with our support and encouragement. We believe that each child is an individual and has skills, needs and character that can be appreciated and responded to. We strive to provide an enriching learning experience in which the children in our care can feel secure and loved. During their time with us they can enjoy all the wonderful things that childhood brings - laughter, learning and sharing.
Our Nursery is housed in two buildings which are either side of the outside playing area.
Birth to Three area is for our very young babies, and up to rising 3 year olds, in separate dedicated nursery spaces for the different age ranges, including mobile and non-mobile babies.
Pre-School is for child rising 3 and above, where they will enjoy greater freedoms to experiment and discover new and exciting things, as well as prepare them for going into school. Each building reflects the 7 areas of learning as prescribed in the Early Years Foundation Stage and is designed to be accessible for all child regardless of ability, race, creed, colour, gender or family background.
Click here to read more of our Nursery Ethos
- Open Monday to Friday every week 52 weeks a year
- Times: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Full day 8.00 am to 1.00 pm Morning Session & 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm Afternoon Session
- Fee rates include all our healthy, freshly prepared meals made by our Cook, as well as snacks and drinks
- Free Flow enclosed outside segregated play areas with age appropriate play equipment, our Pre-Schoolers also have a Kitchen Garden area.
- Highly qualified and dedicated Staff lead by our Early Years Teacher Helen
- Safe, off street car drop off/collection parking.
- Undercover Buddy Park
- Regular outdoor visits & nature walks
- Visits to local Care Home & Elderly residents groups in Haxby, sharing nursery songs, carols & nursery rhymes.